Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 14





Week 14!!!

Are we in the 14th week?

Yeah….Finally we have come to the end of the semester. Yes, this week would be the last lesson for the course, Using and Developing Resources for the ESL Classroom. Looking back on the journey of attending this course make me realized that there are a lot of skills regarding technology that I have learnt throughout the 14 weeks. To be frankly, before attending this course I was really weak in technology tools. Sometimes, I even ask my friends’ help to download certain software and edit picture or video. However, now I’m proud to say that I have learnt a lot by exploring all the 5 modules. Although, the 5 module given are really thick and tiring to complete; but now I, myself know how to do web searching, edit pictures, edit videos, edit audios and so on.

Back to the matter, this week lesson is something different from the previous lessons. It can be considered as feedback session on the video clip that we have created and uploaded in the Youtube. The feedback for the videos was not only given by the lecturer alone but peers are also encouraged to give feedback to others work. For example, the strength, weakness, and suggestions for improvement on the video were given both parties (lecturer and peers) during the particular session.

Overall, I would say that majority of the pair have tried their level best to produce a good or quality video. Their hard ship on producing a quality videos were obviously seen through the video produced. For example, the video created by Faiz and Atikah was really amazing. The message about the cancer disease was clearly conveyed by them through the video clip. I’m sure it has given a great impact on everyone on cancer. Meanwhile, talking about Haiqal and Syuhada, they also did a good job in creating the video. However, the theme which is “love” was not well exploited or expressed by them in the video. It could be better if the theme “love” is well exploited and showed by the two major characters in the video.















Anyhow, the particular session make me realized that video clips that we prepared should not only interest to arouse viewers attention but the storyline in the video must be clearly seen throughout the video. Besides that, the theme and the message that we would like to convey in the video also should be clear to the viewer.

Overall, I enjoyed the particular session very much. It reminded me a lot on the things to be concerned in creating a video.

BYE…….

No comments:

Post a Comment