Tuesday, July 13, 2010

week 1


NAME : VISVA A/L SOMASUNDRAN

MATRIC NO : PEH 080074



PBEY 3102- Using and Developing Resources For the ESL Classroom.


When I first heard about the course, I thought that in this particular course will mainly deal with a lot of hands on activities like creating teaching aids such as puppets, picture cards, video clips and so on. Thus, I assumed that in the first lesson the lecturer will show some examples of teaching aids done by previous cohorts to arouse our interest into the lesson.

However, my prediction was wrong. The first lesson was quite brief and short. During the lesson, Pn. Foziah just had a short introduction session of the topic. She told us that in this course we will focus on photo editing, video editing, and audio editing. OMG.....all the words she introduced were actually new to me. Before this, I only know how to see photos, watch videos and listen to audios. But, now I have to learn how to edit all these for educational purposes. I’m blurred as I don’t have any basic knowledge on it and was thinking of how to go about the course.

Anyway, I hope I can go successfully on the course since Pn. Foziah is quite friendly, nice to everyone. In the short lesson, Pn. Foziah also set up some rules such as those who are 10 minutes late to the class are not allowed to enter the room. Besides that, she also assigned to with some tasks to be done by next lesson. There are:


i) install the Adobe Photoshop CS3


ii) buy an 8GB pen drive to be used in this course


iii) create own blog.

Hope I will get done with the task by the next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment